Antelope Valley Senior Center
777 W. Jackman St., Lancaster, CA 93534
Phone: (661) 726-4400 – Fax: (661) 940-7947
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Click for Directions
The Antelope Valley Senior Center (AVSC) is designed to provide an array of educational, social and recreational activities to persons 50 years of age and older. Working with other County departments and community organizations, the AVSC offers daily congregate meals, educational forums, emergency food distribution, health information, recreational fun day trips, telephone calls to the homebound and other social service programs.
Life enhancement activities include various art, quilting, crochet and knitting classes, exercise classes, dance groups, and computer and photography clubs. In addition, Friendship Bingo occurs Wednesdays at 1 p.m. and Nutrition Bingo on Thursdays at 1 p.m.
Organizations providing services include:
· AARP (55 Alive Safe Driving Class and income tax preparation)
· Bet Tzedek (legal services)
· Senior Diversity Group (culturally appropriate activities, information and education)
· National Assn. of Retired Federal Employees (retirement information)
· Ombudsmen (patient advocacy)
· Department of Mental Health (on site social workers)
· SEIU (addresses concerns for IHSS caregivers)
· Access ( transportation requests)
· Veterans Assistance
The center offers a well stocked library as well as billiard, card and puzzle rooms.